Monday, April 5, 2010

Learing about my lifestyle

Last week I calculated my ecological footprint. many activities impact one's "footprint," and I found that if everyone lived the way I did, we would need 3.9 planet Earths to provide enough resources. This obviously means that I am not living sustainably.

The consumption category which contributes to my footprint the most are services (51%).

To support my lifestyle, it would take 17.4 global acres of the Earth's productive area. (Energy land comprises the majority of it).

Commitments:
1.) I will turn off my computer when I am not using it.
2.) I will shower once per day (I usually take one in the morning and one after working out)
3.) I will use my bike as my dominant means of transportation. (I drive to work. In the warmer days I will bike, and on colder days take the bus).

No comments:

Post a Comment